Meredith has been a huge lover of cake, and most importantly icing, ever since I can remember. In fact, I would always scrape off my extra icing and give it to her whenever we both had a slice. Icing. Monster. Now that you know that, you won't be surprised to hear that her one request for the shower was for a delicious cake with REAL icing. Fondant won't cut it for this girl. So with that in mind, I went to the
And after searching through tons of cake images, this is what I've deemed my top four. I wanted the look of the cake to mirror its taste-sweet and simple.
1. A textured cake with minimal adornments (Don't worry I won't use pink flowers.) :)
2. A piped monogram cake with striped textured sides. Do you see a pattern here?
3. A fondant monogram cake wrapped in ribbon. (Just the monogram would be fondant.)
4. A cake with bunting flags as the topper. I've definitely hitched a ride on the bunting train.
5. Some variation of the elements in 1-4.
See, I told you they would be simple. I don't think you need a whole lot of pattern or color when everything on the table is working together. Besides, a simple design is perfect for working with the overall vintage theme of the shower.
So tell me, which one of the four is your favorite?